The third World Nuclear Exhibition (WNE) will take place in Paris between 26 and 28 June 2018. At this exhibition, Assystem – a major international player in engineering – will present its expertise, know-how and solutions. During the event, Assystem will officially disclose several strategic international business developments, present its digital and innovation expertise and share its vision of the vital importance of hiring and training nuclear specialists.
For more than 50 years, Assystem has drawn on its independent technical expertise to meet the numerous challenges facing the nuclear industry and it now ranks as the world’s third-largest independent nuclear engineering group. Through our 2,500 highly committed nuclear experts we are currently taking part in projects in over 13 countries, covering the entire life cycle of facilities.
We help our clients carry out their nuclear projects and meet the industry’s current main challenges, such as optimising lead times and costs, going digital, innovating, complying with strict safety standards, decommissioning and managing waste. In parallel, our guaranteed independence means that we can partner all technology suppliers in both their domestic and export markets and help new-entrant countries with developing their nuclear programmes. All of these topics will be addressed during the three days of the WNE.
“As the world’s third-leading independent engineering group, our mission is to make nuclear energy increasingly safer, efficient and cost effective, drawing on our long-standing experience in France and abroad”, sums up Stéphane Aubarbier, Assystem’s Chief Operating Officer
Visit Assystem’s stand throughout the WNE
Stand 7 – D70
from 26 to 28 June 2018
Paris Nord Villepinte – Hall 7
Not to be missed:
Tuesday 26 June:
- 11.30 a.m.– 12.00 p.m.: Workshop “The use of BIM in complex projects: return on experience from STEMA and Station F”
During this workshop Assystem will present BIM based on the feedback from two projects: one nuclear sector project (STEMA) and one non-nuclear project (the construction of the Station F start-up campus, launched by Xavier Niel).
Speakers: Edouard Gérardin (engineer at Assystem), Christophe Joussot Dubien (Project Director at CEA Marcoule) and Christophe Fournier (Nuclear Sales Director at Assystem)
- 12.30 p.m.: Signature of international agreements in the nuclear engineering field
Wednesday 27 June:
- 9.25 a.m. – 10.25 a.m.: “International co-operation: a key factor for the success of new-build programmes?“– round table discussion organised by Assystem
Participants: Stéphane Aubarbier (Chief Operating Officer of Assystem), Hiroshi Matsuda (General Manager at MHI), Bernard Bigot (Director-General of the ITER Organization) and Vakisasai Ramany (Senior VP Development – New Nuclear Projects and Engineering at EDF), Boris Arseiv, (Rosatom)
Venue: Panel discussion room
- 12.30 p.m.: Signature of partnerships signed between Assystem and four start-ups.
- 2.00 p.m.: Presentation of Assystem’s in-house innovation projects (Small Modular Reactors, Hot Lab, Machine Vision and Digital Asset Management) at the Assystem stand.
- 2.00 p.m. – 2.30 p.m.: Workshop “Digital project management at the service of business efficiency“
During this workshop Assystem will present the impact of digitisation on project management efficiency
Speakers: Anthony Cassir (a specialist from Oracle), Thierry Perichon (Project Director at Assystem) and Gérard Rousseau (Senior VP Project Management at Assystem).
Thursday 28 June:
- 10.00 a.m. – 11.00 a.m.: Presentation for students and young graduates of the training courses jointly designed and developed by Assystem and the INSTN (French Institute of Nuclear Sciences and Technologies), comprising a comprehensive offering of training modules relating to the nuclear industry.
- 12.30 p.m.: Spark contest award ceremony – prizes awarded to young nuclear specialists by Dominique Louis, Assystem’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. To find out more about Spark visit https://fr.thesparkcontest.org/